DELIGHTFUL STATIONERY & BEAUTIFUL WEDDING SUITES

Olive Hue is a boutique stationery studio started by Jane Jeon and formed out of love for the arts. In an age of emails, texts, and all things digital, we are on a mission to revive the lost art of written communication. Inspired by the outdoors, organic materials, illustrative linework, patterns, calligraphy, and fresh colors, Olive Hue provides delightful bespoke stationery to fit all occasions!

1/04/2010

Better Together...you and I

Yesterday was our 1st year anniversary!  It flew by!  I feel so blessed and grateful for hunky hunky.  He's been my rock all throughout but 2009 was definitely one for the books.  I lost my job and was pretty depressed for awhile (but replaced it with a wonderful one!), my uncle got cancer and is undergoing treatment, my grandma got very sick and my mom and I had to take turns every other day going to see her to take care of her for about 1.5 mo....but through all this, hunky hunky has been there for me to give me a shoulder to lean on when I was too tired and stressed out.  He's supported me through this crazy endeavor of starting up the stationery business too!  Don't get me wrong, we're not perfect (AT ALL, lol!) and we have those moments, but overall, I'm lucky!
So for our 1st year, I wanted to give him the traditional wedding gifts, which for year no. 1 is paper! HOW APPROPRIATE!  I just wish every year was paper....with the exception of the diamond one! :) LOL!
I designed a poster, which I call: Better Together...You and I.  I love type so I incorporated a lot of different typefaces (Spencerian, Helvetica, one I don't remember the name to, and another one I just designed all by myself!) So without further ado:

the middle section where it says "1st meet" & "1st date" are brief descriptions of those times.  It's still funny because I can still remember when i saw him walking towards me at the Puente Hills Mall wearing khaki's and a  sweater.  It was summer so I was wearing a jean mini skirt and a pink tank.  Now that I think about it, we were so opposite! LOL!
We finished off our celebration with oysters, mussels, shrimp, and Avatar.  I love you hunky hunky!

5 comments:

ever ours said...

tooo cute! too too cute! happy 1 yr anniversary!

nancy {So Happi Together} said...

Happy one year anniversary hon! You and David are perfect for each other because of the fact that you are such opposites! Love the poster and can't wait to see it in person! xoxox!!

connieMchung said...

that poster is too cute! happy anniversary!

Type & Swash said...

Thanks ladies!!! I put my <3 into that poster! So happy you're showing it love! :)

Pleasant Surprise Events said...

Jane, you are so creative! What a beautiful way to show your love for your husband and commemorate this special occasion. Congratulations!