DELIGHTFUL STATIONERY & BEAUTIFUL WEDDING SUITES

Olive Hue is a boutique stationery studio started by Jane Jeon and formed out of love for the arts. In an age of emails, texts, and all things digital, we are on a mission to revive the lost art of written communication. Inspired by the outdoors, organic materials, illustrative linework, patterns, calligraphy, and fresh colors, Olive Hue provides delightful bespoke stationery to fit all occasions!

12/07/2009

Inspiration

I've been getting ready for the CoLab Craft / Art Show coming up...ahem...on December 13th @ Gallery Nucleus, Booth 27...I realized that I didn't have a good display set up for my stationery.  Since my whole world involves paper, I decided to make use of it and go nuts...paper flowers!  My inspiration came from a few posts ago, which I've been drooling over.  It is seriously a gorgeous display of paper flowers!  I'm definitely not a Carol Gearing, but I think it's okay for what I have.  I just started tonight and have been sitting here since 8pm cutting, shaping, folding, gluing all these parts and layers to make one.  I've made 11 so far and they don't seem too bad, I hope!  The photo below is when I had just started, a little sneak peak if you will!
I made the display out of styrofoam and stacked them into steps with a little lip made with a piece of wooden dowels I bought from Joann's.  This idea for the actual display was from here.  I followed simple directions and tweaked it a little to fit my needs.  After, I wrapped it with kraft paper and added dowels going up the back edges so that I could put a little sign that goes across later.
It's a nifty little display and I'm quite proud of my construction!  With two displays made it only cost me around $25....very proud of that!  I'll use it as my shrine to stationery in my home after the show until I show again somewhere else!  Here's the mess I made and some detail shots of the flowers. Enjoy!



3 comments:

connieMchung said...

yay! i'm so coming! i thought i had a booking, but it's on saturday! so i will def be seeing you there on sunday! :)

nancy {So Happi Together} said...

ooh!! very col! can't wait to see it in person!

Carol Gearing said...

not bad, so pleased I inspired you