DELIGHTFUL STATIONERY & BEAUTIFUL WEDDING SUITES

Olive Hue is a boutique stationery studio started by Jane Jeon and formed out of love for the arts. In an age of emails, texts, and all things digital, we are on a mission to revive the lost art of written communication. Inspired by the outdoors, organic materials, illustrative linework, patterns, calligraphy, and fresh colors, Olive Hue provides delightful bespoke stationery to fit all occasions!

12/23/2009

papier de toilette

I'm going to admit something that is part embarrassing, part joyful, part crafty...I'm a bit of a pack rat.  Not like those "Clean House" & "Oprah" episodes where people are living wall to wall, floor to ceiling with things from the 1800's.  No.  I like to "collect" things that I think I will be able to use for later projects or stuff.  For example, I collect buttons.  I don't know if it's due to my grandmother having a huge wicker basket full of ALL kinds of amazing buttons when we were growing up, but I love how they're such a practical thing for clothes, linens, etc...and yet so complex in all the different designs.  I don't purchase them.  I find them or I'll take those extra's that come with clothing in case one falls off of your clothes.  (I won't steal them from the unsold clothing at the store either! Only my purchased clothing...for ME...or hunky hunky)  I have no idea what I'll do with them.  I just like to know that they are there in case I do need them.  Another friend of mine, Helen of Helen Oh Jewelry mentioned on her blog that she collects toilet paper rolls because she thinks that she could use them in multiple crafty projects later on.  Which FINALLY brings me to this gorgeous display of toilet paper rolls or more elegantly put: papier de toilette...er...rolls




UH-MAY-ZING, no???  Statement from the artist:
Toilet rolls sprouting spreading branches are hung to create a “forest” hanging on the wall or hanging down from the ceiling. There is a moment when the hanging cut-out-parts start holding their branches and leaves on their own strength. It is as if I’m helping the paper awakens its ability to be an individual tree.


LOVE IT!
(photos: via Yuken Teruya)

No comments: